Sloan’s Lake is located on the western edge of Denver’s city limits, adjacent to the suburbs of Lakewood, Edgewater and Wheat Ridge. It is a charming neighborhood that sits next to Denver’s second largest park. A ton of outdoor activities surround the neighborhood and it is just a short distance to the popular Highlands area and then downtown Denver just beyond. Sloan’s Lake properties tend to consist of a mix of single family homes and duplexes, with a consistent amount of redevelopment adding newer properties to the area.
Meet Jocelyn Kury: A local client who resides in Sloan’s Lake.
1. How did you choose your neighborhood? I’ve wanted to live in or near the Highlands for a while, so when I saw my house come available [near Sloan’s Lake] in the daily emails Erin helped set up I jumped on it! I love the neighborhood, the house and location!
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? There’s so much I love about my location; it’s proximity to downtown, the Highlands neighborhood, Sloans Lake, and how easy it is to get to a highway. I’m not right next to the highways, but it is a lot easier and faster than where I lived before.
3. How long have you lived in the area? I’ve lived in my house for a little over 2 years.
4. Where is your favorite local spot? I love to hit up brunch at Sassafrass on 26th Ave.
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Stepford — but in a good way. The neighborhood was built in the mid-90s and finding newer homes near downtown that aren’t custom, highly-priced scrap/builds was tough. The neighborhood is small, but reminds me of Stapleton.
6. Is there anything else you wish to share about your neighborhood? There’s a new commercial and housing development going up in the old St. Anthony’s Hospital location next to Sloans Lake. It’s going to add a lot of life, vibrance and value to the area. I can’t wait!!
If you desire to know more about the Sloan’s Lake area please visit my website.
If you have any neighborhood or real estate questions, I am always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or #303-324-1703. Stay tuned for next week’s neighborhood feature.