Platt Park is well known for the community. As a very family friendly, walk-able neighborhood there are tons of activities to choose from throughout the year. Platt Park has a people’s association that meets periodically and organizes neighborhood activities. As an active member, there are organized happy hour gatherings to get to know fellow members and brainstorm new ideas for neighborhood functions. On top of the happy hours the committee has planned several other fun activities as the spring and summer months are upon us.
In 1860 Platt Park was named after the founder of Platt Paper company, James Platte. It was incorporated as part of Denver South that was formed to limit the creation of more saloons and roadhouses in Denver.
Please meet Carie M. lives in the area:
1. How did you choose your neighborhood? Location is ideal for our lifestyle and family.
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? Pearl Street and ability to walk to Platt Park, Wash Park and all the other establishments.
3. How long have you lived in the area? Seven years
4. Where is your favorite local spot? Izakaya Den
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Energetic
If you desire to know more about the Platt Park area please visit my website and click the “Communities” tab. If you have any neighborhood or real estate questions, I am always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or #303-324-1703. Stay tuned for next week’s neighborhood feature.