As one of the suburbs of Denver, on the West side of I-25, South of Belleview, North of E470, and East of South Platte Canyon Road, Littleton is connected to the rest of the surrounding metro area by the growing light rail system, making it easy to get anywhere in Denver. Originally, Littleton was a small farming community and part of that history still remains today as the suburb is full of farm land and horse communities. The Littleton Historical Museum serves as a reminder by recreating life on an 1860s farm, while the charming Downtown Littleton is also reminiscent of the past farming community. Changing with the seasons of Colorado, it shifts from being surrounded by holiday lights and snow for winter to outdoor patios, markets and festivals in the warmer weather.
Please meet Sara and Nick Griffith who live in the Polo Reserve neighborhood. The Polo Reserve is located off of Mineral Avenue just east of Santa Fe Drive. There are several very nice amenities within this neighborhood such as a huge equestrian center with polo fields and a lake. The Polo Reserve is very close to downtown Littleton and the RTD Lightrail station. Also, it’s convenient to many other shopping centers and nice restaurants.
1. How did you choose your neighborhood? We looked at homes in Golden, Littleton, and Morrison (all along the west side of Denver), but we ultimately decided on Littleton due to the great selection of homes with nice neighborhoods and larger lots, as well as the nice little downtown area, and the overall proximity to many shops/stores and easy access to highways to get downtown.
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? We love that we can see horses and mountains from our backyard and have a quiet neighborhood, yet we are also three minutes from downtown Littleton and Aspen Grove.
3. How long have you lived in the area? 10 months
4. Where is your favorite local spot? Merles & Breckenridge Brewery/Farm House Restaurant
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Relaxing
6. Is there anything else you wish to share about your neighborhood? We have the best neighbors, and they were all so welcoming. We also love that we live in an area with great schools nearby and quick access to all the stores we would need. The homes in the area all have great yards and space, which is hard to find in Denver sometimes. We also loved that the homes were all somewhat unique in design, so you don’t feel like you live in a cookie-cutter neighborhood. We are very happy with our home and neighborhood, and we are excited for our kids to grow up in this area and still have easy access to the mountains and the city.
If you desire to know more about the Littleton area please visit our website. If you have any neighborhood or real estate questions, we are always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-593-2244. Stay tuned for next week’s neighborhood feature.