The Berkeley neighborhood, bounded by 38th Ave, I-70, Federal and Sheridan, is home to the ever so popular Tennyson Street, lined with some of Denver’s most exciting up and coming restaurants, boutiques and galleries. Berkeley has two parks, each with lakes that provide lots of open space and greenery for play time or relaxation. This neighborhood is also home to the old Elitch Gardens that is now being transformed into home developments. The convenient location to I-70 makes for easy access to downtown or the mountains. Berkeley is also close to the Highlands. Berkeley features a wide mix of homes, from brick bungalows to simple cottages to new townhomes that all make this neighborhood come alive.
Please meet Jillian and Jeremy who live in the area:
- How did you choose your neighborhood? We wanted to be in a neighborhood that was close to downtown, allowed easy access to the highway and had great restaurants nearby.
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? We are within walking distance of several enjoyable things. There are several parks nearby for the kids, and many restaurants and shops both on 32nd and Lowell as well as 38th and Tennyson
3. How long have you lived in the area? About 6 months.
4. Where is your favorite local spot? El Camino, near 32nd and Lowell
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Dynamic
6. Is there anything else you wish to share about your neighborhood? We enjoy the generational diversity, from those who have lived in this neighborhood for decades to those who have only recently moved to Denver.
If you desire to know more about the Berkeley area, please visit my website and click the “Communities” tab. If you have any neighborhood or real estate questions, I am always available at email@example.com or #303-324-1703. Stay tuned for next week’s neighborhood feature.