As one of the suburbs of Denver, on the West side of I-25, South of Belleview, North of E470, and East of South Platte Canyon Road, Littleton is connected to the rest of the surrounding metro area by the growing light rail system, making it easy to get anywhere in Denver. Originally, Littleton was a small farming community and part of that history still remains today as the suburb is full of farm land and horse communities.
Dakota Station Neighborhood, bordered by Ken Caryl Ave to the north, South Garrison St to the east, West Chatfield Ave to the south and South Kipling Pkwy to the west, is a small area within Littleton that has so much to offer. Chatfield Lake, just south of the neighborhood is a great place for water sports. You can also camp and horseback ride out there. Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield are also just to the south of the Dakota Station neighborhood offering beautiful gardens to tour and many nightly activities and an entire summer concerts series. Dakota Station Park with two tennis courts and a nice playground is central to the neighborhood. Denver’s E470 is incredibly close for an easy mountain getaway or fun hike in the foothills.
Please meet Allison and Sean Atchison who love living in Dakota Station:
1. How did you choose your neighborhood? We chose this neighborhood primarily for it’s location. It was a perfect halfway spot between both of our jobs, and was also conveniently close to family.
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? We love the proximity to 470, the abundance of restaurants in the area, as well as the neighbors. We have AMAZING and friendly neighbors who have already made us feel welcome! We were worried that our dog who enjoys ‘conversations’ with other dogs would cause issues, but there are dogs everywhere in this neighborhood!
3. How long have you lived in the area? We are just over 3 months of living here, and look forward to many years to come!
4. Where is your favorite local spot? We have found a Magill’s ice cream just up the road that is our go-to after a date night, or a night with friends. Great ice cream, and not too expensive.
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Friendly.
6. Is there anything else you wish to share about your neighborhood? As I mentioned before, it’s a neighborhood full of adaptable folks who will love to welcome you in if you let them. We are very happy with our choice to move here!
If you desire to know more about the Littleton – Dakota Station area please feel free to contact me. If you have any neighborhood or real estate questions, I am always available at firstname.lastname@example.org or #303-324-1703. Stay tuned for next week’s neighborhood feature.