Platt Park is a large and very popular neighborhood centrally located between Downtown and the Denver Tech Center areas. Platt Park’s boundaries are Broadway on the west, I-25 to the north, Downing to the east, and Evans on the south. The area consists of tree-lined streets that showcase a variety of homes, from the late 1800’s original build bungalows to new contemporary single family homes, condos and apartments. While its central location, easy access to I-25 and two light rail stations make it very easy to get anywhere in Denver within minutes, the neighborhood’s popularity is also driven by its easy walk-ability, access to parks and the ever popular South Pearl Street district, with its numerous restaurants, boutiques and eclectic shops. With one of Denver’s largest urban in-fill projects underway on the northwest corner of the neighborhood, in the old Gate’s factory site, the area’s appeal is expected to just continue to grow as new shopping, dining and recreation options are added.
This week you will meet two different families that live in the area:
Meet Heather and Sean Price:
1. How did you choose your neighborhood? We loved the location and new build.
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? Easy highway access, restaurant options, neighborhood events, potential ROI.
3. How long have you lived in the area? 8 years in Platt park.
4. Where is your favorite local spot? S. Pearl St.
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Diverse.
6. Is there anything else you wish to share about your neighborhood? We know our neighbors, close community.
1. How did you choose your neighborhood? I was looking for an area that had restaurants and shops within walking distance, but still had a neighborhood feel. The neighborhood felt safe, people take good care of their properties, yet it doesn’t feel stuffy. Even though I don’t commute to work on the train having access to a train station for nights downtown and ball games is a huge plus.
2. What is your favorite feature of your location? I love that Old South Pearl Street is so close, we have our own neighborhood park and we still have the benefit of the eclectic Broadway shops. All of the new development on Mississippi and the new condos near Duffy Roll and the Louisiana train station make this neighborhood urban and accessible.
3. How long have you lived in the area? I have lived in Platt Park for 7 years.
4. Where is your favorite local spot? I love Izakaya Den, you can’t go wrong with a funky atmosphere and great sushi and cocktails.
5. Use one word to describe your neighborhood. Vibrant.
If you desire to know more about the Platt Park area, please visit my website.
If you have any neighborhood or real estate questions, I am always available at email@example.com or #303-324-1703. Stay tuned for next week’s neighborhood feature.